Pneumatic actuated butterfly valves are widely used in various industries because of their large size range, low price, stable operation, such as water filtration equipment, irrigation systems, etc. , can effectively control or cut off fluid flow. This article will give you a brief introduction to the installation of pneumatic actuated butterfly valve. If you have any questions during the installation process, please feel free to ask us.
Steps To Install Pneumatic Actuated Butterfly Valve:
1. Before installation, check all parts of the pneumatic butterfly valve without missing, model no error, check the body without debris, solenoid valve and silencer without blocking
2. Close both the valve and the pneumatic actuator.
3. Install the pneumatic actuator on the valve (either parallel or perpendicular to the valve body) and see if the screw holes are aligned so that there is not too much deviation. If there is a small deviation, adjust the actuator rotation, then tighten the screws.
4. After installation, the Pneumatic Butterfly Valve is debugged (normal air supply pressure is 0.4 to 0.6 MPa) , and the solenoid valve must be opened and closed manually during commissioning (manual operation can be effective only after losing power to the solenoid valve coil) , observe the opening and closing of pneumatic butterfly valve. If during commissioning the valve is found to have some difficulty at the beginning of the opening and closing process, after that it is normal, it is necessary to adjust the actuator stroke small (The actuator at both ends of the stroke adjustment screw to adjust the same point, to adjust the valve to open position, and then turn off the air source resetting), until the valve open and close smooth and no leakage. Also note that the adjustable silencer can adjust the valve opening and closing speed, but not too small, or may cause the valve not to move.
5. Keep the working environment dry.
6. Check the pipe before installing the butterfly valve to make sure there is no foreign matter in the pipe
7. Select the matching toque of a pneumatic actuator.
8. Make sure that the flanges used for butterfly valve are of the correct specification and that the pipe-to-pipe flanges are in accordance with the standard of butterfly valve flanges. It is recommended to Use Butterfly Valve special flanges. Flat welding flanges are not allowed.
9. Make sure the flanges are properly welded and do not reweld the flange after the butterfly valve is installed. To avoid scalding the rubber parts.
10. Line up the pipe flange and align it with the butterfly valve.
11. Install all flange bolts and tighten by hand to make sure the butterfly valve is aligned with flange, then carefully open and close the butterfly valve to ensure a flexible opening and closing.
12. Fully open the valve, wrench in accordance with the diagonal order to tighten the bolts, without washers, do not tighten the bolts to prevent serious deformation of the valve ring, opening and closing torque is too large.
COVNA, as a pneumatic butterfly valve manufacturer. We will assemble in accordance with your technical requirements prior to shipment. If in the process of using have any problems, please feel free to contact us!