Surface water refers to the water that exists on the surface of the earth’s crust and is exposed to the atmosphere. It is one of the important sources of water for human life and the main component of water resources in various countries. But surface water contains a variety of impurities, including algae, sediment, suspended solids, colloids, bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, antibiotics, and more. Through surface water purification treatment, after reaching the drinking standard stipulated by the state, it can be used as drinking water.
The surface water purification process is as follows:
● Pre-oxidation: deodorization, algaecide, sterilization, pre-oxidation or conversion of pollutant
● Air flotation: micro-bubbles catch and adsorb fine particles of sticky matter, reducing turbidity
● Coagulation and precipitation: adding coagulant to water, destabilizing and coalescing of colloid in water through its hydrolyzate, or hydrolyzing and polycondensing coagulant to form high polymer, which binds colloid through adsorption and bridging. Precipitate large particles and reduce turbidity
● Filtration: Absorb suspended particles, colloidal impurities, bacteria and fine flocs in water
● Disinfection: The purpose of disinfection is to prevent the transmission of diseases through drinking water and to eliminate the pathogenic effects of pathogenic microorganisms in the water. Pathogenic microorganisms include bacteria, viruses and protozoan cysts. Disinfection also has the function of preventing secondary pollution during water distribution and short-term storage of water tanks
● Advanced treatment: In order to ensure the safety of water quality, we also use main ozone, activated carbon filtration and other methods for advanced treatment of water quality
● Large-scale municipal water supply equipment: the horizontal centrifugal pump in the secondary pump room delivers the clean water that meets the standard to thousands of households
Application Of Valve In Surface Water Treatment
Valves are essential in surface water purification systems. Valves can help transport water and various chemicals, and build integrated surface water purification systems, increasing production capacity and reducing operating and maintenance costs.
Stainless Steel Filter Project In China
Type of Valves
Shut-off valve is a valve used to circulate and shut off flow. By controlling the opening/closing of the opening and closing parts, the purpose of regulating the flow is achieved. Ball valves, butterfly valves, gate valves and globe valves are all shut-off valves and are widely used in various pipelines. Ball valves and butterfly valves are quarter-turn valves, which can be opened or closed by simply rotating the opening and closing parts by 90 degrees. Gate valves and globe valves are linear-operated valves, and the opening and closing parts move up or down in a straight line to open or close the valve.
Whether it is quarter-turn valves or linear-operated valves, they all have their own advantages and can be well matched with various types of pipes to meet your flow regulation needs. The Shut-off valve can also be remotely driven by an electric actuator or a pneumatic actuator, increasing the water production efficiency by 20%.
Check Valves (Non-return Valves)
The check valve is a valve used to prevent the backflow of the medium, which is self-starting by relying on the internal pressure of the pipeline. It is generally used next to electrical equipment such as pumps, water meters, motors, etc. to ensure the safety and normal use of electrical equipment, so as to avoid higher maintenance costs due to downtime.
The Y-Strainer is a valve used to filter impurities, allowing the system to run more smoothly.
Choosing a suitable valve can make the surface water treatment system run more smoothly, let humans have more drinking water, and make our living environment better. Any demand for valves, feel free to consult us at firstname.lastname@example.org